In the Main Event, welterweight #3 Leon Edwards and #13 Belal Muhammad squared off looking to become the next title contender. Edwards took the offensive and landed a big head kick that wobbled Muhammad in the first round, but in the start of the second, Edwards accidentally poked Muhammad’s eye and he could not continue due to the resulting injury. As the bout had not passed the halfway mark, no decision could be awarded.
In the co-main event between light heavyweight finishers, a finish did indeed happen in a spectacular way as Ryan Spann KOed Misha Cirkunov in 1:11 of the first round.
Main card action:
No. 9 ranked featherweight Dan Ige kept in control of his top ten ranking with a walk off KO of Gavin Tucker in a mere 22 seconds. It earned him his nickname “50K” award bonus for Performance of the Night.
At bantamweight, Jonathan Martinez damaged Davey Grant with low kicks and ended the first round with a big left hook knockdown. Grant came back in the second with high output, took away Martinez’ striking range, and finally found a home for his 1-2 combination for the KO victory.
Manel Kape returned in short order against Matheus Nicolau in a flyweight bout that swung back and forth. Nicolau owned the first round with takedowns and control time. In the second, Kape opened up with his punches and stunned Nicolau, continuing the onslaught with lightning combinations. Nicolau surged back in the third round, while Kape defended takedowns well and finished the round strong with knees to the body. It was a close match that saw a split decision awarded to Nicolau.
In the opening fight of the main card, an unfortunate result came at the end of the first round. Eryk Anders landed an unintentional knee when Darren Stewart was downed. Stewart could not continue, so the bout was ruled a No Contest.
UFC Fight Night: Edwards vs Muhammad
Performances of the Night:
• Dan Ige
• Davey Grant
• Matthew Semelsberger
• Ryan Spann
• Leon Edwards vs. Belal Muhammad was ruled a no decision at 0:18 of round 2
• Ryan Spann defeated Misha Cirkunov via TKO at 1:11 of round 1
• Davey Grant defeated Jonathan Martinez via KO at 3:03 of round 2
• Matheus Nicolau defeated Manel Kape via split decision
• Eryk Anders vs. Darren Stewart was ruled a no decision at 4:37 of round 1
• Angela Hill defeated Ashley Yoder via unanimous decision
• Charles Jourdain defeated Marcelo Rojo via TKO at 4:31 of round 3
• Rani Yahya defeated Ray Rodriguez via submission at 3:09 of round 2
• Nasrat Haqparast defeated Rafa Garcia via unanimous decision
• JJ Aldrich defeated Cortney Casey via split decision
• Jinh Yu Frey defeated Gloria de Paula via unanimous decision
• Matthew Semelsberger defeated Jason Witt via KO at 0:16 of round 1