In the Main Event, heavyweight rankers #4 Jairzinho Rozenstruik and #7 Ciryl Gane engaged for a full five rounds with technique, patience, and respect for each other’s power. Gane’s speed and elusiveness paid off and got him a sweeping unanimous decision. Gane said,
“This guy is really dangerous, he is really tough, he has big knockout power, so we have to manage the fight with this guy, manage the distance and be focused, be careful. We did it, we did it well and we did more… I am who I am, I’m a fast learner. I don’t know, maybe it’s because I take everything with a smile… I’m just happy to be here with my friends, fight for my money to take care of my family, just positivity and I don’t really stress before the fight, so maybe this makes me comfortable in the fight.”
In the Co-Main Event, light heavyweight rankers #8 Nikita Krylov and #11 Magomed Ankalaev surprisingly went the distance in a bout full of aggressive action. Ankalaev’s increasing domination of Krylov earned him the unanimous decision. Ankalaev said,
“I hope that many people were watching this fight and I’m hoping that they were watching because I was fighting No. 8 in my division and now I’m ready for my next opponent and I’m hoping that UFC would consider to give me a main event, five round fight because I want to see if I can go the distance, if I can go the entire five rounds, just to test myself before the title fights.”
Main card action:
In an exciting women’s flyweight bout, Montana De La Rosa and Mayra Bueno Silva showcased their technical abilities on the feet and the ground. De La Rosa landed takedowns and controlled with her cage work while Bueno Silva surged with damaging Muay Thai clinches and strikes. The scorecards came to a majority draw, including a point deduction from Bueno Silva for a first round cage grab.
Bantamweight rankers #8 Pedro Munhoz and #9 Jimmie Rivera put on a thrilling rematch contested on the feet with powerful strikes from both. Munoz destroyed Rivera’s leg with calf kicks, while Rivera stayed in the game with big combinations. The judges awarded the unanimous decision to Munoz, giving him well-earned revenge.
At featherweight, fan favorite Alex Caceres extended the longest UFC win streak of his career to four when dominated Kevin Croom across three rounds. A decisive third round showcase his striking and his grappling to an exhausted Croom to give him a unanimous decision.
UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: ROZENSTRUIK vs. GANE
Fight of the Night:
- Pedro Munhoz vs. Jimmie Rivera
Performance of the Night:
- Ronnie Lawrence
- Ciryl Gane defeated Jairzinho Rozenstruik via unanimous decision
- Magomed Ankalaev defeated Nikita Krylov via unanimous decision
- Montana De La Rosa vs Mayra Bueno Silva was declared a majority draw
- Pedro Munhoz defeated Jimmie Rivera via unanimous decision
- Alex Caceres defeated Kevin Croom via unanimous decision
- Thiago Moises defeated Alexander Hernandez via unanimous decision
- Alexis Davis defeated Sabina Mazo via unanimous decision
- Ronnie Lawrence defeated Vince Cachero via TKO at 2:38 of round 3
- Dustin Jacoby defeated Maxim Grishin via unanimous decision
- Due to COVID-19 protocols, the women’s strawweight bout between Angela Hill and Ashley Yoder is being moved from this weekend’s card to UFC FIGHT NIGHT: EDWARDS vs. MUHAMMAD on March 13.